All Mascomid products
2- Wound Care Dressing
1- Dura-Med Non-woven absorbent dressing.
• Highly absorbent wound dressing pad For treatment of highly exuding wounds
• Dura-Med is a non-irritant highly absorbent dressing pad.
• Specially developed for the treatment of highly exudative wounds. It consists of multi- layers of different materials which complement each other perfectly to give the dressing pad its outstanding properties.
• Completely covered pad which is sealed at each end to give the edges a soft texture.
• Available sterile and non-sterile.
2- Derma tulle non adherent wound dressing.
Derma tulle Dressing is a paraffin gauze dressing Features :
• Soft paraffin base • Sterile leno weave presentation
• Comprehensive size range
Soothes and protects the wound and allows free passage of viscous exudate Derma tulle is soothing and low-adherent and allows the wound to drain freely into an absorbent secondary dressing.
Maintains shape, resists fraying Derma- tulle is a sterile paraffin tulle grass dressing made from open weave gauze. The gauze has interlocking threads which minimize fraying when the dressing is cut to shape. Can be combined with topical medication of choice Derma Tulle is not medicated and so is ideal for use with the topical antiseptic or antibiotic of choice.
3- D mid Chloroxidine.
• Dmid Chlorhexidine ®Dressing consists of a cotton leno-weave fabric, impregnated with Soft Paraffin BP, containing 0.5% w/w Chlorhexidine Acetate BP.
• Chlorhexidine is an antimicrobial agent that is active against a wide range of Gram positive and Gramnegative bacteria but inactive against spores, fungi and viruses; it is more effective against Grampositive than Gram-negative organisms, and some species of Pseudomonas and Proteus are of limited sensitivity.
• Dmid Chlorhexidine ®Dressing is used as a wound dressing for the prevention of infection in minor skin loss injuries and ulcerative wounds.
• It is not the product of choice for the treatment of existing wound infections as the amount of chlorhexidine that is released from the dressing is limited, but Dmid Chlorhexidine ®Dressing may be used as an adjunct to systemic antibiotic therapy where appropriate
4- D mid H and TH Hydrocolloid dressing.
• D mid H & D mid TH are Hydrocolloids wafer dressings, contain polysaccharides, proteins
• Typically, they are used on minimally to moderately exuding superficial or partial thickness wounds to encourage autolysis and absorb excess fluid forming a gel at the wound surface.
• They may also be used prophylactically in the protection of new epithelial tissue or over bony prominences.
• Dmid Dressing protects the wound bed and maintains a moist wound environment
5- AlgiMid Calcium alginate wound dressing.
AlgiMid Dressing is a calcium-alginate dressing, derived from seaweed When used in a moderate to highly exuding wound, the dressing forms a soft gel, which does not adhere to the delicate healing tissues in the wound bed. AlgiMid Dressing helps utilize the proven benefits of moist wound management
- Easy to remove - Conforms to wound contours - High wet and dry strength
-Soft and conformable
Highly absorbent :
can absorb 12 times its own weight in exudate. This allows the dressing to remain in the wound for up to 7 days, depending on the nature of the wound and the volume of exudate.
For OTC applications, AlgiMid may be used for the management of minor conditions such as: - Lacerations - Skin tears - Abrasions - Minor burns
Under the care of a healthcare professional, AlgiMid Dressing may be used for the management of full and partial thickness wounds including:
- Leg Ulcers - Pressure ulcers - Diabetic foot ulcers - Surgical wounds
6- Medilion non-woven swab.
Non-woven, structured swabs, Viscose/polyester blend construction.
Ideal for applying ointments, use for general wound treatment, as swabs & sponges.
Sterile / bulk
• Pure white, soft and absorbent
• Offered in various sizes, plies.
7- Mascoplast (plaster/Non-woven and silk adhesive plaster)
Mascoplast plaster Comfortable on sticking and no hurt to the skin.
The silk is ventilator, do not stop skin breath & sweating function.
Low irritability by using state of art technology to manufacture tapes. And harmless to human skin of body.
Powerful adhesion for wrapping and fixing of medical treatment. Suitable to any healing conditions and body position. Do not require cleaning the residual glue after tape removed. It is not the product of choice for the treatment of existing wound infections as the amount of chlorhexidine that is released from the dressing is limited, but Dmid Chlorhexidine ®Dressing may be used as an adjunct to systemic antibiotic therapy where appropriate
2- plaster non-woven
Mascoplast non-woven hypoallergenic, gentle and thin material for improved conformance microporous &good air permeability, strong adhesive.
Realization of postoperative dressings. Dressings on mobile areas or on sensitive skin.
Binding of medical devices such as catheter, drains, probes.
8- Derma pore adhesive plaster with pad.
- backing material made of white nonwoven, the dressing conforms well to the body shape and does not constrain moves
-porous nonwoven allows the skin to breathe
-absorbent core is located centrally and the surrounding adhesive holds the dressing firmly in place
- micro-net prevents the dressing from sticking to the wound
- applied adhesive does not cause skin irritation
- wide protective paper overlap for easy dressing application even when wearing gloves
Application:the treatment of wounds and other surgical wounds, cuts and abrasions